Looking for fireworks and fun for the Fourth of July?
Here’s your guide to events in Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Westlake and Greenacres.
Patriotic Pool Party
- Noon to 5 p.m. July 4.
- Wellington Aquatics Complex, 12072 Forest Hill Blvd.
- Free for children age 2 and younger, $3 for ages 3 to 17, $5 for ages 18 to 54 and $2 for ages 55 and older.
- Activities and contests are scheduled on the hour.
4th of July Celebration
- Entertainment and activities from 6 to 9 p.m. July 4. Fireworks begin at 9:15 p.m.
- Village Park, 11700 Pierson Road.
- Free to attend.
- Parking is limited on-site. A free shuttle is available between the Palm Tran bus stop near Macy’s at the Mall at Wellington Green and the park, with service starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Activities include axe throwing, bounce houses and inflatables, face painting, a petting zoo and Crazy Games.
- Vendors include Alma Vet Connection, American Legion Post 390, Carbon Health Urgent Care Lake Worth, Cooper Orthodontics, Craven the Palm Beaches, Cub Scout Pack 125, Dog Training Elite Palm Beach County, Homes for Heroes, Mary Kay Cosmetics, MOS Hope Jewelry, Pet Supplies Plus, Poppies by Rachel and Judy, Sage Dental, Sapniel Tutoring, Shullman Orthodontics, The Treehouse Counseling Services and Vanilla Bean Pastry Shop.
- There will be about 20 food trucks.
- For live music, The Original Whisky Six will perform at 6 p.m. and Justified Loxahatchee will perform at 7:40 p.m.
- A KultureCity sensory-inclusive quiet area is in rooms 2A and 2B of the Village Park Gym, and sensory bags are available.
- Bring snacks, sunscreen, lots of water, blankets and chairs for seating, and bug spray.
More information: www.wellingtonfl.gov
Royal Palm Beach
Senior Citizen 4th of July Ice Cream Social
- Noon to 2:30 p.m. June 30.
- Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center, 151 Civic Center Way.
- $5 per person.
- Activities include live music, summer treats and an ice cream bar.
- Register at the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center. For more information, call 561-790-5124.
Mayor’s Golf Tournament
- Registration at 7 a.m. with shotgun start at 8 a.m. July 4; luncheon at noon.
- Village Golf Club, 122 Country Club Road, Royal Palm Beach.
- $100 for a single or $400 for a foursome.
- Register at Village Golf Club or the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center.
- For more information, call 561-790-5124.
Star Spangled Spectacular
- 1 to 10 p.m. July 4 with fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Commons Park, 11600 Poinciana Blvd., Royal Palm Beach.
- Free to attend.
- Activities include arts and crafts, carnival rides, bounce houses, a water slide, a petting zoo, a rock wall and a bungee trampoline.
- The schedule includes a bass tournament at 6:30 a.m., a volleyball tournament at 9 a.m., the Solid Gold Twirlers at 2 p.m., a cornhole tournament at 6 p.m., an Elton John tribue at 6 p.m., an Earth Wind and Fire tribute at 8 p.m., a military branch tribute at 8:45 p.m. and the National Anthem at 8:55 p.m.
- For more information, click here or call 561-790-5140.
City of Westlake’s 2nd annual FourthFest
- 3 to 9 p.m. July 4 with fireworks at 9 p.m.
- On Kingfisher Boulevard across from the Adventure Park Lodge at 5490 Kingfisher Blvd., Westlake.
- Free to attend.
- Activities include music groups and entertainment starting at 4 p.m. There will be live music from the Deep Fried Funk Band and Juna N Joey.
- A kid zone will include games, bounce houses, slides and a foam activity sponsored by GameGo Foam Experience.
- Food trucks will be on-site.
- Bring chairs, blankets, sunscreen, sun umbrellas and water. No grills, coolers or personal fireworks are allowed.
Ignite the Night July 4th Event
- 5:30 to 10 p.m. July 4.
- Samuel J. Ferreri Community Park, 2905 Jog Road, Greenacres.
- Free to attend, with $10 wristbands for unlimited inflatable rides and $5 tickets for face painting and airbrush tattoos.
- Activities include arts and crafts, food and craft vendors, contests, games and prizes.
- The Solid Brass band will perform.
- Bring chairs, blankets, sunscreen and water. No personal fireworks or sparklers are allowed.
- For more information, click here.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
Get on the list now for my Weekly Wellington Mom newsletter, delivered to your inbox every Wednesday morning with the latest news and things to do in Wellington and the surrounding area.