While for many the holidays are a time to celebrate, for others this time of year can be very stressful as families struggle to put food on the table and presents under the tree.
You can help by donating and volunteering to help with Wellington’s holiday food drive, already underway with collection sites throughout the village.
Donations can be dropped off through Monday, Nov. 14 at these sites:
– Wellington Community Center, 12150 Forest Hill Blvd.
– Village Hall, 12300 Forest Hill Blvd.
– Lake Wellington Professional Center, 12133 Ken Adams Way
– Tennis Center, 3100 Lyons Road
– Village Park gym, 11700 Pierson Road
Items needed include canned vegetables, cornbread muffin mix, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, packaged stuffing and turkey gravy. About 400 turkeys will be purchased thanks to sponsors and donations, including 100 turkeys from Wellington Regional Medical Center.
For more information, go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.